- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You can add additional texture and flavor to this dish by adding lightly-fried cubes of tofu or crumbled bacon or pancetta.v
- 2 orange peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 8 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 2 14-16 ounce cans lentils, drained, or 4 cups cooked lentils
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare your oven broiler.
- Put the garlic, orange and red pepper onto a baking sheet and brush generously with olive oil. Place the vegetables into the oven and cook until slightly charred.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the peppers into a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Take the peppers out of the bowl, peel and then remove their stems and seeds. Slice the peppers and then place into a bowl with the garlic, lentils, sun-dried tomato pesto, olives, onion and basil leaves. Add a drizzle of oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, toss to coat and then place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to chill before serving.