- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The lemon and ginger simple syrup also works well in other cocktails. Make a double batch and have more on hand for other beverages.
- 1 cup water
- 2-inches fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced finely
- 1-1/2 cups super fine sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Vodka, chilled
- 1 quart club soda, chilled
- 1 lemon finely sliced for garnish
- 2 stalks trimmed lemon grass, optional
- Put the water and the sliced fresh ginger, lemon juice and sugar into a large saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Remove the ginger and discard.
- Fill a high-ball cocktail glass with ice and then pour in the vodka. Add 3 thin slices of lemon and then 1/2 cup of the prepared syrup.
- Top the cocktail with the club soda and serve.