- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
Impress your friends with this simple tea cake at your next breakfast gathering.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 6-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Mix together egg, 1/2 cup lemonade, milk and applesauce.
- Blend flour combination into lemonade mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While cake is still hot, brush with remaining lemonade and sprinkle with sugar.