- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Makes 36 cookies
Lemon Verbena has a clean, sharp lemon scent that makes it a wonderful addition to beverages and various dishes. Enjoy its lemony aroma and tangy taste in this simple cookie recipe.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon verbena leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour, lemon verbena leaves, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy and then add the sugar, eggs and vanilla; continue to beat until thoroughly blended.
- Sprinkle in half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beat well to combine and then stir in the remaining flour mixture, stirring vigorously until blended.
- Using a spoon, drop rounded spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet, leaving at least 2-inches of space between each serving. Place in the oven for 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool and serve.