- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These zesty cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, egg, corn syrup and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Blend flour combination into lemon mixture; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in remaining sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.