- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
This lovely sauce can be used as a dip for seafood or enjoyed brushed on grilled chicken and fish.
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron stems, crumbled and dissolved in a little lemon juice
- 6 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the lemon juice, saffron and garlic in a food processor, and process for 15 seconds.
- Add the Dijon mustard and pulse to combine, then add the egg, egg yolks and lemon zest and process for 15 seconds.
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the salt and pulse to combine.