- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
Lemon Roast Chicken has no added fat because this bird's self-basting.
- 1, 3 to 4 pound chicken, washed, drained and patted dry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small thin skinned lemons, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Roll each lemon on the counter pressing with the palm of your hand. Puncture each lemon in 20 places with a fork. Place both lemons in the cavity.
- Seal the opening with toothpicks; Run kitchen string from one leg to the other and tie it at the knuckle ends; Set the chicken breast down in a roasting pan.
- Place in upper third of the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken onto its back and cook for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees F and cook for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Leave lemons inside until it is carved. Serve chicken with juices.