- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Toss steamed or boiled vegetables with this light and flavorful sauce made with finely shredded lemon peel and dill.
Photo originally appeared on www.greenhomescleanearth.com
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill weed
- Place the 3/4 cup broth, butter, and garlic into a pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
- Put the remaining chicken broth into a small bowl. Add the cornstarch, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper and whisk well to combine. Slowly whisk the mixture into the hot liquid in the saucepan and cook until thick, about 4 minutes; stir in the dill and serve immediately.