- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: Makes 1 pound olives
Garnish your favorite cocktail with these lemon, oregano and vermouth olives to add additional flavor and delicious taste. Use pre-brined olives that are a bit firmer and waxier than the plain variety.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound olives, brined and drained
- Place the water, salt, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, garlic, oregano and thyme into a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vermouth and olive oil. Stir the mixture and then set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has reached room temperature, add the olives and stir to combine. Transfer to an air-tight container and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.