- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These zesty cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination into lemon mixture.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.