- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
Impress your friends when you serve these zesty cookies at your next tea time.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- Beat in lemon juice, lemon and orange peels.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll into egg white.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.