- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 2 dozen
Delicious lemony muffins.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, seperated, whites beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter 2 dozen muffin pans.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg yolks and beat until light.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the sugar mixture alternately with the lemon juice. Mixing after each addition. Careful to not overmix.
- Stiffly beat the egg whites. Fold in along with the lemon peel.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.