- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
The addition of lemon and almonds add extra flavor and flair to a typical green bean side dish.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, cut the green beans diagonally into 1-inch pieces, and then add to the pot with the boiling water.
- Cook the beans for 5 minutes, drain and then place into a serving bowl.
- While the beans are cooking, place the almonds in a medium skillet over moderate heat, and toast for 3 minutes.
- Add the almonds to the beans along with the lemon juice and zest and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, toss and serve warm.