- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Great for most any meal, lemon garlic broccoli is an easy, fresh and nutritious side-dish. Use lemon-flavored olive oil if you have it, to enhance the dish.
- 1 pound of broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (lemon flavored, if available)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add broccoli florets, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir ingredients to coat them.
- Cover the bowl and microwave it on high for about 4-5 minutes. Check the tenderness of the florets, and cook one minute longer if needed.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.