- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Lemon Burst Muffins are a sweet, citrusy delight.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla or lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut, flaked
- Topping: 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut, flaked and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the yogurt, egg, butter, lemon peel and juice until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Fill greased muffin cups two thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For topping: In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice and sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in coconut. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. Spoon coconut mixture over muffins. Serve warm or cool to room temperature.