- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread makes an excellent breakfast treat, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped blueberries
- Cream butter, sugar, juice and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in lemon peel, walnuts and blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.