- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 3 dozen bars
Deliciously tart and sweet lemon bars.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Use a food processor to crumble the flour, butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon peel and salt. Press into the baking pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden.
- Beat the granulated sugar, eggs, lemon juice and remaining lemon peel until well blended. Pour over the warm crust.
- Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into bars to serve.