- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 7 min
- Serving: 4 people
This is a super fast and uber-easy way to cook asparagus into a sophisticated summer side dish. It cooks for a very short time to keep from turning mushy and the lemon adds an unexpected twist.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the asparagus and snap of old or dried ends.
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, then add the asparagus and reduce the water to a simmer. Cook the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the water and place it on a serving dish.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and cheese, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon zest.