- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 Servings
After blanching a vegetable, quickly rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process and to keep it tender, then drain it well to remove any excess liquid.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add the beans and blanch for 5 minutes, and then rinse under cold water in a colander; drain well and then transfer to a large bowl along with the chives.
- Spread the walnuts into a single layer on a baking dish and then place in the oven for 10 minutes. Chop the toasted walnuts once cool and then add to the bowl with the green beans.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the bean mixture, sprinkle in the lemon juice and zest and then add a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss the mixture to combine and then serve.