- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grilled trout slathered with a lemony mayonnaise sauce is the perfect lunch or dinner dish for the entire family.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Peel from 1/2 lemon, finely shredded
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or 2 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 pound ruby or rainbow trout filets, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 ciabatta buns, split
- Vegetable oil to grease grill
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat after brushing the grill rack with oil.
- Place the lemon juice, lemon peel, mayonnaise, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix to blend.
- Brush the fish fillets with 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture and then place on the grill. Cook for 1 minute and then flip, adding lemon slices onto each fillet.
- Cook the fish for an additional 6 minutes and then transfer to the buns. Top with the reaming mayonnaise mixture and serve immediately.