- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Looking for the perfect lamb recipe for Easter? This delicious medley of spices incorporates all of the wonderful flavors of the Mediterranean in a hearty yet simple roast lamb dish.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup brined capers, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 5-1/2-pound boneless leg of lamb, butterflied, trimmed
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- For the salsa verde, whisk together the first ten ingredients in a medium bowl and then set aside.
- Put the lamb, smooth-side facing down, on a clean work surface and sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper. Make shallow 1/2-inch wide slits all over the lamb with a sharp knife, and then stuff one clove of garlic in each slit.
- Rub the lamb with about 1/4 cup of the salsa and then place on a roasting pan and roast for about 1 hour and 25 minutes for medium-rare doneness or until cooking thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the lamb reads 120 degrees.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the additional salsa.