- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes almost 1 cup
This classic condiment can be found at almost every Lebanese establishment that serves food. Serve it as a dip, slather it on sandwiches and pitas or just drizzle it on your favorite dish. It seems to ‘go’ with just about everything!
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 large egg white
- Place the garlic into a blender along with a few pinches of salt and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Process the mixture until the garlic is chopped, and then add the egg white and blend for 2 more minutes to combine.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the feed tube and then slowly add the lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.