- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 19 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A classic Lebanese staple, serve this spicy pita bread with your favorite spread or on the side as an accompaniment to all your Arabic dishes.
- 4 pita breads
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Split the pita bread in the middle and carefully open them, taking care not to tear.
- Using a mortal and pestle, or a spice grinder, crush the sesame seeds, thyme and poppy seeds to release their flavor.
- Remove spices and place in a small bowl. Pour in the olive oil and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on one side of the pita bread and grill until pita is crisp.
- Let the pitas cool and then break into pieces to serve.