- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Well seasoned round steak with vegetables served over rice.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds lean round steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Rice, coooked
- Mix together the flour and paprika with some salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge the strips of steak through the mixture.
- Add the oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium. Brown the meat along with the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and 1 cup of water. Once browned, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Pour the meat and vegetables onto an oven-safe platter and sprinkle the cheese over. Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve over rice.