- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Lazy Pirogue is a delicious side dish served with a pork roast or kielbasa.
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1, 8 ounce can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1, 8 ounce box macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 1, 16 ounce can sauerkraut, well drained
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Saute onions in butter until soft. Add mushrooms. Mix all together in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and add sauerkraut. Mix well.
- Add macaroni and mix gently. Pour bouillon broth over top and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Serve immediately.