- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole is a satisfying dish that will become a family favorite.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1, 7 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn torillas
- 1, 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 2, 8 ounce packages Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 16 ounce jar salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix.
- Layer half of the tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.