- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
Impress your friends with this sweet bread at your next breakfast gathering or tea time.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped lavender leaves
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine milk and lavender leaves in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer then remove from heat and let cool.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination and lavender mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.