- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
Lattice Topped Cherry Pie looks good enough to eat!
- dough for a 9 inch, 2 crust pie
- 2, 16 ounce cans pitted sour cherries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with dough rolled 1/8 inch thick.
- Drain cherries well, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cherry liquid and lemon rind in a saucepan. Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Add lemon juice and butter; blend. Remove from heat and add cherries.
- Turn into pie shell, cover with a lattice of strips of dough, trim and seal the edges. Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.