- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This simple and elegant recipe for seared lamb steaks successfully combines some of the quintessential flavors of Greek cooking; olive oil, oregano, lemon, garlic and yogurt.
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves, for serving
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 lamb steaks, pounded thin
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the yogurt with the garlic and some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, toss the salad greens with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon and then set aside.
- Rub the steaks on both sides with a bit of olive oil and then sprinkle generously with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a large skillet over high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the lamb steaks and sear on both sides for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked lamb to a plate, top with the oregano mixture and then garnish with dollops of the yogurt and garlic blend. Serve the steaks immediately accompanied with the mixed salad.