- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes almost 7 cups of brine marinade
Allowing lamb to soak in a brine marinade makes it moist and juicy. Let the lamb sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator for the best results.
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Put all of the ingredients into a large sauce pan and place over high heat.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for a few minutes, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Add the lamb to the brine, making sure it is fully submerged.
- Discard brine after use.