- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
As suggested from the name, this cocktail originated in New Orleans and includes a dash of Peychaud’s, a popular beverage from the same area.
- 3/4 ounce rye
- 3/4 ounce Benedictine
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- Dash of absinthe or substitute
- Dash of Peychaud’s bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place a martini glass into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and stir for 35 seconds until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass and serve immediately garnished with the cherry.