- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 31 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
These posh burgers are all the rage in LA. Make your own homemade version with this simple recipe.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1-1/2 salt
- Olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 jar roasted red sweet peppers
- 1 dozen whole almonds
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the sirloin and the chuck into a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt and a few grinds of freshly grated black pepper.
- Form the beef into 6 evenly-sized patties and then brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Place on the grill for 11 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
- In the meantime, place the almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat and toast for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor and then add the red pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Process the mixture until smooth and creamy and then top each grilled burger with the spread. Serve immediately.