- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 50
Traditional Greek almond cookies that freeze well and are great to keep on hand for impromptu visits over coffee.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 50 whole cloves
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and egg yolks, flour, salt, and almonds in food processor for 30 seconds or just until combined.
- Roll into 1" balls; place clove in each. Arrange on greased baking sheets. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Let cool slightly, then roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Can be stored in airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks, or frozen in layers separated by waxed paper.