- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 7 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
A traditional Korean marinade for Bulgogi; strips of marinated steak served over lettuce or rice. Pour the marinade in a Ziploc bag with the beef, and marinate overnight.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sake (or rice wine or sherry)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions (green onions), minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the sesame seeds in a medium sauté pan over high heat, and gently toss until they just begin to brown.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, sake, sesame oil, garlic, scallions and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the marinade to stand for 5 minutes before using.