- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 10
A spin on strawberry shortcake, this kiwi dessert is fitting for St Patrick's Day, with its green hue. Or simply serve it whenever you want a sweet treat.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 4 cups peeled, sliced kiwi
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease/flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Prepare cake according to package directions and pour into cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center come out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Place kiwi in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until just mixed.
- Place one layer of cake on a plate and cover with half of the kiwi.
- Place second layer of cake on kiwi and top cake with remaining kiwi.
- Spread with whipped cream and serve garnished with fresh mint.