- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
Put on a dirndl and serve Kielbasa with Sauerkraut and sliced rye bread.
- 1, 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1, 16 ounce can sauerkraut, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red cooking apple, cut into thin wedges
- In 10 inch skillet over medium heat, cook kielbasa until lightly browned; remove to plate.
- In same skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion and green pepper until tender, stirring occasionally. Add sauerkraut, water, brown sugar, salt and kielbasa; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple wedges to sauerkraut mixture; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through.