- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Vibrant ribbons of kale are tossed with red bell peppers, carrots and a sweet and spicy peanut sauce to create this satisfying winter salad.
- 2 pounds kale
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Cut the kale leaves into thin ribbons and then place into a bowl with the red pepper slices.
- Using a mandolin or a food processor, shave the carrot into thin slices and then add to the bowl with the kale mixture, along with half of the peanuts.
- Place the remaining peanuts into a food processor or a blender, and then add the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper flakes. Process the mixture for a few seconds or until the ingredients are combined but there is still texture to the dressing.
- Pour the peanut dressing over the kale mixture and toss to coat.