- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This salad combines a unique and ultra-enjoyable combination of sweet, peppery and citrusy flavors with a satisfying crunchy, yet juicy texture.
- 1 bunch kale (about 1 pound), rinsed and patted dry
- 4 small blood oranges, segmented, juice reserved (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon (about two teaspoons)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the kale, crosswise, into thin ribbons and then place into a bowl with the blood oranges.
- Place the lemon zest, shallot, olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until completely blended.
- Pour the dressing over the kale mixture and toss well to coat. Set the salad aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend, and then serve.