- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
A simple pairing of hearty kale and buttery walnuts makes a fabulous side dish for fish, poultry, or, for a vegetarian meal, baked falafels (chickpea patties). The many varieties of kale will keep this recipe fresh and interesting.
- 1 Â½ pounds kale, washed, tough stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Â½ cup walnuts
- Â½ cup water
- Pinch salt
- Coarsely chop kale and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and walnuts.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic and walnuts with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add kale and water and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Toss, cover and cook until kale is wilted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add walnuts and garlic, toss, cook for another minute and serve warm.