- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 8
Quiche is quite simply one of the easiest dishes to prepare, and so versatile you never have to eat the same quiche twice. All you need is a pastry crust, eggs, cream and a few other ingredients to transform the most basic quiche into a scrumptious signature dish you can call your own. Here are three easy quiche recipes - each with a different style of crust and a unique medley of ingredients in the filling.
- 1 cup whole toasted almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 11/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 8 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, blanched, chopped, squeezed well to remove excess liquid
- 4 ounces provolone slices, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of pan with a circle of parchment paper and spray paper with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the crust, grind almonds in a food processor until fine. Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse to blend. Add almond butter and 1/2 cup cream and blend until a dough comes together. Dump onto a lightly floured surface and form into a flat disk. Use a rolling pin to roll out to about a 9-inch circle.
- Carefully lift dough (it won’t hold together like a pastry crust) and place in the bottom of the prepared pan. Use the bottom of a flat glass as well as your fingers to press dough onto sides and bottom of pan – make sure it comes 2 inches up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining 1 cup cream, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg until well-combined. Stir in kale and pour into pan, making sure liquid does not exceed the top of the sides of the crust. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if using.
- Bake 1 hour or until filling is set and crust is a golden brown. Filling will be a bit puffed when it comes out of the oven but will deflate upon cooling. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove sides of tart pan, slice and serve.