- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
This Japanese-inspired salad combines the slightly bitter and fresh taste of kale with creamy and buttery avocado. Sprinkle the salad with raw hemp seeds to add a nutty taste similar to that of pine nuts, and enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 1 bunch kale (about 3⁄4 pound), stemmed and finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smash the garlic, sprinkle with salt and mash into a paste. Place the garlic into a small bowl along with the orange juice, lemon juice and soy sauce and whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking vigorously to blend; set aside.
- Cut two of the avocados into cubes and then thinly slice the third. Place the cubed avocado into a shallow salad bowl along with the hemps seeds and the kale. Add a few healthy pinches of salt and pepper and then toss the salad with the dressing to coat. Garnish with the sliced avocado and serve immediately.