- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/2 cups
Greek Kalamata olives are delicious in their own right, so imagine the intense flavor they add to salad dressing.
- 1 small shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Place the shallot and the thyme in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the olives, vinegar and mustard and puree the mixture until creamy in texture, then slowly pour in the olive oil through the flute of the machine with the motor running.
- Transfer the dressing to a glass jar with a tightly fitted lid, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 -1/2 weeks.