- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 46 min
- Serving: 6
Not your typical candied yams. Sweet, but with a warm finish.
- 4 medium yams or 1-1/3 pounds canned yams
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- If using fresh yams, boil them in some water until they are tender. Remove the skins. Cut the yams into pieces.
- Melt the butter with sugar in a heavy skillet.
- Add the Kahlua and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the yams, turning to brown them on all sides. Cover and reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the yams before serving.