- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-12 servings
Buttermilk biscuits from scratch, just like mom used to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons solid shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slice in the shortening.
- Press to create a well in the center of the dough and pour in the milk. Mix gently with a fork until the dough begins to stick to the fork.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10-12 strokes. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter or small glass to cut out biscuits. Arrange on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.