- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 24 min
- Total: 44 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Turkey burgers are hearty and delicious and have less than half the fat of regular beef burgers. Serve with a side of mixed roasted vegetables drizzled with olive oil.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 4 hamburger buns
- Prepare grill on high heat.
- Combine the ground turkey with cheese, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix by hand.
- Form the ground turkey mixture into 4, 1-inch thick patties and set aside.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill patties for 2 minutes per side, flipping once. Move the patties to a cooler area on the grill and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and onions.