- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Joy's Summer Squash Casserole is made hearty with stuffing.
- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1, 8 ounce package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cook squash and onion in a small amount of boiling salted water in saucepan for 5 minutes. Drain squash well.
- Combine soup and sour cream in bowl, mixing well. Fold in carrots and squash, blending thoroughly. Combine stuffing mix and margarine in bowl until well mixed.
- Spread half of stuffing in bottom of 7 by 12 inch baking dish. Spoon in vegetable mixture. Top with remaining stuffing. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.