- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These cookies are filled with your favorite jelly and make great holiday treats.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Jelly, any flavor
- Mix together brown sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg yolk. Add flour and salt.
- Form dough into rolled balls, dip into egg white and then roll into nuts.
- Insert thumbprint onto each dough ball after placing them onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately fill centers with jelly while they are still warm out of the oven.