- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
A great appetizer to offer guests at an Asian-themed party; these Japanese meatballs are served with a soy dipping sauce.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 minced scallion (green onion)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced scallion (green onion)
- Granulated sugar
- Place the chicken, cornstarch, egg, ginger and the scallion into a large bowl and mix until combined.
- With clean, wet hands form the mixture into small meatballs.
- Place the vegetable and sesame oil into a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides.
- In the meantime, mix together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons scallions, and a pinch of sugar with a whisk until combined. Serve as a dipping sauce with the meatballs.