- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 32 bars
Sweet and crunchy snack bars with strawberry jam.
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups rice cereal
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Melt the marshmallows, 1 cup of peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Quickly add in the cereal and stir until coated. Press into an 11x7-inch pan.
- Spread the jam over the hot mixture.
- Mix together the chocolate chips, remaining peanut butter and shortening in a small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until melted. Spread over the bars.
- Refrigerate until firm and then cut into bars.