- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grilling the corn adds a smoky sweetness to this jalapeno relish that can’t be beat. Make this relish the day before serving to allow the flavors to blend together.
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 2 fresh ears of corn, husked
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a grill on medium heat.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the jalapeno pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Place in a bowl along with the sweet pepper, chives, and shallot.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 13 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove from grill and cut off kernels once cool enough to hold.
- Place the corn kernels into the bowl with the jalapeno pepper mixture then add the olive oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then serve.